Spins and Needles + Live Bands

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

It has been way too long since I was able to pull out my paint set and just create. I miss that. I haven't been overly creative or crafty in the art sense since... before Australia. Yikes.

Things I will attempt: reading more (I'm about 1/3 into The Ecology of Commerce and 1/2 way through Tattoos on the Heart ) and being creative are top of the list! So, last weekend I set out to be creative, pick up a book and see a live show.

I was invited to Spins and Needles (such a great name, eh?). Arts & Crafts, a live DJ spinning tunes and a bar. Seriously-- art, booze and music. Such a perfect combination. Of course, I left my camera(s) at home. Figures. But I did manage to hang my project up at work and here it is:


Yep, that's a deer head! The coolest deer head in the office (ok, the only deer head in the office) but I think it looks pretty cool. Hooray for office art.

UPDATE: A picture from the events from the Spins and Needles Flickr page !



This weekend was also one of my favourite weekends in this city so far. My friend DT was playing a show with his band, Staylefish  at a bar downtown. Post-Spins and Needles I walked over and it was amazing. I haven't seen them play in a while and I forgot how much fun going to see live bands (and especially live bands when you're friends with members of said band) is! They played, I watched, enjoyed cran + vodka, and hung out between sets.  I couldn't have asked for a better or jammed packed Friday night.

There's no way this Friday is going to beat that!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<