Dave Matthews Band

Saturday, December 8, 2012


Back in 2002, Dave Matthews Band released Busted Stuff. I can still remember going to HMV (at the mall, of course!) to buy it the day it came out. The CD was on high rotation for probably a year and it's still one of my favourite DMB albums. It’s been a while since I’ve put on a full album and just listened, but I’m always happy when songs like Crash, Satellite and Everyday come on the radio.

The band has toured extensively since then, and I have somehow managed to miss every show in and around the Toronto area. Every show. That is until I managed to score 2 tickets to the show at the Air Canada Center from the awesome guys at FanXchange. I entered a last minute contest on Facebook with a story about my road trip (which I have plans to write about over the next month!) to the Southern States. A few hours later: Dave Matthews Band LIVE!

The 100 section was general admission, putting me about 30 people way from the stage. Dave Matthews... a few feet away from me!  They played Don't drink the water, Satellite, Everyday and a ton of other songs I'm not overly familiar with. Or maybe it was only 5 songs? The band does love individual solos!

Everyday was probably my favourite song they sang during the show (well, that and Satellite). Have a listen... so good right? (and look at the 30 Rock connection! It's Judah Friedlander!)



Of course, there were “no cameras allowed”, so I didn’t bring a real camera, only my mediocre Blackberry (Android, if you’re reading this—help a girl out?) to snap some photos. Here is the best of the bunch:





DMB is back on high rotation!  Tomorrow night is Carrie Underwood at the ACC.

 A weekend of concert ticket wins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<