Moustache Mania!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010


Well hello blog world, its Jenna here! S has graciously allowed me to guest blog on here with some fun DIY projects. S and I go way back to highschool, we’ve also worked together as pro shelf stockers/cashiers, and still keep in touch despite her new home being on the other side of the world.
I am writing you with a DIY project I made for my youngest brother who is moving into his first apartment with some friends in May. I really really love moustaches and have been seeing them everywhere.



But, if you’re like me you don’t want to spend a lot of money on buying one mug ($10 a ubran outfitters - yikes!) you can make your own with just some dollar store mugs and a bottle of ceramic paint! Here’s how:


What you need:
· Dollar store mugs
· ceramic paint (go to the Michaels website to get 40% off)
· paint brush
· Mactac (I used some leftover wood look sticky drawer liner which worked great)




Steps:
· Print off the moustache template and choose the moustache that you want to paint
· Cut it out of the template and trace it onto the Mactac and cut it out
· This is where it gets tricky, if you’re a perfectionist you can measure to make sure the moustache is stuck on straight or if you’re like me you can just eyeball it – you will need to play with the placement a little bit and make sure that it is stuck in all places to avoid the paint running
· Time to paint! One coat is best...I found out the hard way that if there is too much paint it will come off in the dishwasher...sigh...
· Pull off the template as soon as you’re done painting, if you leave it on too long it will peel off the paint with it when you take it off (again learned the hard way...)
· If the paint does bleed under your sticky template just use your fingernail to scrape it off, or if you’re not happy with the placement you can just wash the paint off with soapy water and start over again
· Now just follow the paints directions and bake for the allotted time to make it dishwasher safe!


Well, now you are the proud new owner of a cheap moustache mug! Enjoy!
Below are is a photo of the one’s I made for my brother, with my Mom doing dishes in the back of course :)




If there are any questions or if something is not clear post a comment and I will get back to you!
Until nex time bloggers!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<