Playing Tourist

Saturday, April 2, 2011

I arrived in the city mid-day and landed mid-town. The Marriott Marquis was quite lovely: 45 floors and elevators that felt like the tower of terror. Turns out that my fear of elevators and heights was re-sparked on the elevators that were all glass. Scary. I landed a great room on the 39th floor and looked out to Times Square-- so many people in such a small place. Don't get me wrong, I've been before, I just think the city has a million better places than this tourist trap. But as they say... when in Rome:





I had my camera in my bag the entire time, yet it didn't seem to make an appearance until I went to Tom's Restaurant and then again on my final day. I spent Friday walking. And then more walking and finally, a little more walking (and about the same in shopping). I went to my favourite restaurant Bondi Road although I think I'll have to wait a while to go back now... oops. And went to see Chicago (how have I never seen this before?). Add in some great food, some more shopping (5 scarves for me and a cute dress  for one of my sisters) and a few photos and it was a great weekend away. 

I'm going to live there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Nudge Media Design | Powered by Blogger

Hover Pin It Code

<